Morris Minor ShopMorris Down Under Forum Forum Index Classic Car Trader

Morris Minor fuel tank sender

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Morris Down Under Forum Forum Index » Electrics, Instrumentation & Security
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Andrew
3rd gear

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2007 6:21 am    Post subject: Morris Minor fuel tank sender Reply with quote

I have a curious question regarding Morris Minor fuel tank senders. The question is,

Are the Morris Minor 1000 fuel tank senders the same as the Morris Minor Series II fuel tank senders or are they different?

Any comments will be appreciated.

rustbucket
Morris knowledge base

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Andrew
definately not
As the 1000 tank is different the float is on a longer wire if I remember rightly without checking.

in theory though if it fits in it will work...you may be able to change the arm or you may be able to use it as it is if the existing arm doesnt touch anything
keeping in mind that the inner sloosh baffles need to be examined to see that it doesnt catch on them if they are in a different location

So its simple

will fit in if it doesnt touch anything inside and should work
it wont show correct height and correct fuel height but you could compensate for that..but it will actually show something and in the right direction too.

Andrew
3rd gear

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the reply

It's just that I have just found in my garage a NOS fuel tank sender in the original BMC box without any part numbers. At this stage I am not sure if it is for the Series II or the 1000. I will post a photo of this and maybe someone could tell if it is either for the series II or 1000.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Morris Down Under Forum Forum Index » Electrics, Instrumentation & Security All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: