Morris Minor ShopMorris Down Under Forum Forum Index Classic Car Trader

Melburg Or Bust THIS SATURDAY

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Morris Down Under Forum Forum Index » Club Events
View previous topic :: View next topic  
melburgorbust
Full Licence

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2008 9:51 am    Post subject: Melburg Or Bust THIS SATURDAY Reply with quote

Can't believe that I haven't mentioned this on here! Melburg Or Bust is happening on Saturday the 2nd of Febuary, only a month away, and its on at Monash University's Clayton Campus.

The show is open to all chrome bumper cars, no matter what make/model or style, if you love your car bring it along as this show is all about enjoying the range of styles that the automotive past time has to offer.

loads more details are on the website, http://www.melburgorbust.com

Hope to see you there!

Last edited by melburgorbust on Tue Jan 29, 2008 8:40 am; edited 1 time in total
melburgorbust
Full Licence

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Only 1 week to go!

Robzy
I can do it

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Website is down, which is mildly annoying, as I've never heard the term "chrome bumper cars" Yellow Sedan

Looking forward to finding out what it's about. I only live 5min from Monash Uni Yellow Convertible

Rob.

melburgorbust
Full Licence

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 9:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah, sorry, Im trying to fix the website, went down a few days ago. Its all chroem bumper, so anything from the T to around 1980, basically its meant to be a celebration of people enjoying their cars, so daily drivers are encouraged to enter, whether you have a custom, rat, restored or daily driver as long as your proud of it we want to see it there. entry for display vehicles is from 9-10.30am, if you just want to stickybeak, entry is from 10, but I suggest you'll have lots more fun bringing your car.

Robzy
I can do it

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sticky beak it is Yellow Sedan

Rob.

melburgorbust
Full Licence

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

website's back up and running. is your 49 vert on the road? would love to see it if it is, havent had a chance to get too close to a lowlight yet, would be very interested to see where all the interior bits on my series 11 are meant to be!

melburgorbust
Full Licence

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 8:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

With only a few days to go Melburg Or Bust is proud to announce its Major Prizes

Peoples Choice - an Extreme Ecowash with all the extras, valued at upto $300 thanks to ecowash the waterless car wash people www.ecowash.com.au

Top Original - 12 month subscription to Australian Classic Car magazine, thanks to ACC www.ccar.com.au

Top Custom - 12 month subscription to Cruzin magazine, thanks to Cruzin www.cruzin.com.au

Ecowash will also be onsite on the day to provide carwashing from as little as $35 for display vehicles, so no need to worry about the water restrictions and cleaning your car before the show!

Scouse

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 9:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like it will be a great day. It's a pity I'm so far away from Melbourne.

melburgorbust
Full Licence

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, we didnt have the turn out we had hoped for on Saturday, but we had beautiful weather and those who did make it appear to have had a great time, as did we. Thanks to our sponsors and to those who took the risk and showed up to the first running of the event. We would love to run the event again at sometime in the future, maybe 12 or 18 months down the track, keep an eye out on the website www.melburgorbust.com for updates in the next month or so and hopefully a big announcement or two.

Also if anyone has any pics of the event, If they could email them to melburgorbust@hotmail.com that would be fantastic, as I only have photos of the awards giving.

thanks all!
Ryan

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Morris Down Under Forum Forum Index » Club Events All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: