Morris Minor ShopMorris Down Under Forum Forum Index Classic Car Trader

My 58 Morris

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Morris Down Under Forum Forum Index » My Morry
View previous topic :: View next topic  
58 MOR
I can do it

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 9:04 pm    Post subject: My 58 Morris Reply with quote

As I have just joined the forum my post are going to be going backwards aswell as forwards as this ute has been in the making for the last seven years. It is a father to son project and I love what my old man had done with it, but I have taken it over with the plan of taking it to the next level. i am a big supporter of feed back. (especially when it comes to my next step because I do have the occasional crazy idea. working with custom cars for a daily job is a big contributor to this lol)

Well i am of to start resizing pictures to start my morries story Yellow Convertible

58 MOR
I can do it

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok here goes. i will start with the engine.(which has been rebuilt three times)
It is a 4k corolla which was rebuilt the first time just as a stand rebuild. The second rebuilt was when I decided to put a supercharger on but that didnt work as well as i had hoped. Firstly it was a pain to get running, once it was running I hand traction problems. So the supercharger has been taken off and thins is what I ended up doing.

I got a 60000 over bore and had the block acid dipped for two weeks.
Painted the block, sump and timing cover.
Put dome top pistons in, a .9 mm brass head gasket and a 30-70 trd cam in.
A 36-38 webber has been put on and to top it off i have gilmer gears running aswell.

58 MOR
I can do it

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 10:49 pm    Post subject: Next steps Reply with quote

This is the next couple of steps that i am planing on going with. i have pulled out the Bench set (which is available if anyone is interested) and there are two bucket seats going in. This means that I am going to have to build a centre console which i want to run from the bottom of the amp to the front of the cabin where the sub box will be. The only problem with this is that I dont know what to do about the high bean switch on the floor, I don't want to move is as I still have all the switches in original places.

Shocks are going to be replaced with air bags as it is something that I haven't seen done on a morris yet. I am going to have it hook up through the alarm so that when I turn the alarm on it will lower the morris to 40mm off the ground.

The stereo will be going in, I have a Pioneer P80 head deak running a full active system. Speaker are Polk MM series splits and a 8 inch Polk MM series sub. In regards to the power I have a Audison VRX 6 channel Amp drawing power of a D34 Yellow top battery.

I am hoping to get this all done in the next couple of months and will be taking plenty of pics as I go. This threads is going to end up become very photo heavy, I hope that people will enjoy updates.

58 MOR
I can do it

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2011 10:43 pm    Post subject: The start of the interior Reply with quote

This is what I have been upto with the morris lately. It is going to take a while because I will be building the interior myself, I am yet to figure out how to tie in new with old but heres hoping.

I am going to be selling the bench seat and the frame for mounting it. The frame is out of stainless and has space for 5 x 7 speakers. If anyone is interested let me know. I don't what to ask for it so make me a offer. It is in great condition....

58 MOR
I can do it

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2011 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well the air bag idea has come to a halt. not happy with the result I would get for the money and effort put in. plus a lovely young lady wants me to get it on the road again so i can take her out Yellow Convertible hahaha

It is going to be going down to work tomorrow with me to start the interior, have spent the last couple of weeks deciding where I am going to be mounting the speakers and sub. also mocked up a center console that will go between the bucket seats and run down to cover the hand brake. I has been has to design something that look modern yet still suits the old style of vehicle. I am hopping to have this done by Australia Day so I can take it on a cruise.

Kel
我能行

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any more up dates 58 Mor ??

Kel

58 MOR
I can do it

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kel wrote:
Any more up dates 58 Mor ??

Kel

There will be. Unfortunately I haven't got the Internet at the moment so it makes it hard. I am going to be putting my baby up for sale soon which is a little upsetting but at the end of the day I have to remember that it is a car Red Convertible. I have it on car sales but no where else at the moment. I would like some input on what is a reasonable price to be asking for her if you have any input that would be great.

blacky
I can steer now

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is it finished and registered ?

58 MOR
I can do it

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

blacky wrote:
Is it finished and registered ?

It is registered and on the road as we speak There is some stuff to be done to finish her off but all of that has been bought for it and is coming with the car e.g fuel sender and temp gauge. If you want to have a look at it or want to call me (Graeme) feel free my number is 0432 545 098

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Morris Down Under Forum Forum Index » My Morry All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: