Morris Minor ShopMorris Down Under Forum Forum Index Classic Car Trader

'57 Morris Minor New to GoldCoast
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Morris Down Under Forum Forum Index » My Morry
View previous topic :: View next topic  
stolzie
2nd gear

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

grant69 wrote:
stolzie wrote:

One slight problem I did notice that the IGN light is very very dim on idle and disappears with slight revs.

Cheers,
Jason
Hi Jason that is how it should work as at idle it isn't providing enough power to charge the battery but at as soon as you rev the light goes out as the charge is greater than the draw

Thanks Grant, the C40 I orginally had in there the IGN light went out pretty much straight away at idle. So I thought that was standard. Cheers, Jason

stolzie
2nd gear

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I managed to get the Morrie back in one piece from the Wolseley National Touring Event. It didn't miss a beat for the whole week although, I did have a minor mishave where the wire came off the fuel pump halfway down Kessels road, lucky I could vear into a side street and fix it without causing traffic kaos.

The event was great and really enjoyed it, I did pack all my tools into the boot of the Morrie but didn't need them once, nor did anyone else for that matter.

Was great to meet a few new people, that weren't part of the event but turned up to say hello. Anyway here are a few morris related photos, if you would like to see some wolseley's check out the following link.

http://www.wolseleyclubofqld.com/national-run-ipswich-2013/

First day of rally saw Neil aka Chook on this forum come down and say hello. He has a nice little work van. Was great to meet you Neil.

side by side.

I can't remember for the life of me what this guys name was but he is part of the IVVVC club and came down to take a look. This was his first car and he has still got it. Great effort

Put the Morrie up for judging by the IVVVC, looks very pearly in this pic.

On the way out to Boonah, this guy was trying to keep up with the Morrie

In Convoy out to Wyaralong Dam, followed a little Wolseley Hornet most of the way

Reached a milestone on the way 1000 miles

Boonah Look out

On our way out to Gatton to check out the QLD transport Museum. Nice 6/80 following.

Came across these little guys on display at the museum.

Enjoy the photos, I will be putting the morrie up on stands and doing some maintance on her. Fixing oil leaks, also have to do a service drop oil etc.

Cheers,
Jason

dazle
overdrive

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2013 7:53 am    Post subject: Great week Reply with quote

Sounds like a great week and motoring Jason. Some nice pics to. I haven't been around much as I am still having serious health problems. Haven't even been on the site here. Hopefully I will improve soon. This getting older Sux!! Mad

stolzie
2nd gear

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2013 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey dazle,

Was a great week of motoring, the morrie hasn't left the shed since I have been back. I was only thinking about you the other day, as I hadn't seen you around. Not good about the health problems, take it easy mate and hope things turn around for you soon. Take care mate. Talk soon.

Cheers,
Jason

dazle
overdrive

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2013 1:22 pm    Post subject: Thanks Jason Reply with quote

Thanks Jason. Nice to know I have been thought of Very Happy I can hardly walk and need a stick but hopefully we can catch up again soon. I can still drive ok so that is a plus. It's getting in and out of the car and walking anywhere is the big problem.
So those shims are holding up ok in the generator? Is the museum at Gatton worth the trip? And how long does it take from the coast?
It would be a nice little trip I imagine.

cheers

stolzie
2nd gear

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2013 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Dazle,

At least you are still able to get around, and are not confined to home all the time. But as I imagine getting out of the car would be a big problem especially the amount the front doors on the Minor open up.

With the generator I ended up pulling an older one apart that I had on my shelf and rebuilding it with its armature. I haven't had any problems with it touch wood.

Gatton is about an hour and half away from the Coast via the Logan, Ipswich,Warrego Highways in a Modern car. 2 hours would easily get you there.

As for the Museum there are lots of trucks (~30 or so) on display, and a few other little displays amongst the big trucks. If you are interested in transport companies and big trucks it is worth a look they have a very nice coffee shop at the front. I am not sure what entry costs to the museum but it is a nice drive out in the country side, getting there.

Here is a link to more photos from the day.

http://www.wolseleyclubofqld.com/national-run-ipswich-2013/day5/

Cheers,
Jason

dazle
overdrive

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2013 1:56 pm    Post subject: great pics Reply with quote

Thanks Jason, great pics and some really beautiful cars. I loved the red Wolsely 6.80. Must have been a great trip. Didn't see your Morry anywhere
Great day for a run today but I have just been to the tip and back and enjoying a quite day at home. Started Felix after a fortnight in the shed and started first pop. We must make Happy Days again soon but the traffic there with the new bridge construction is a bit of a problem.
Take care and catch up soon.
Best regards
Dazle

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Morris Down Under Forum Forum Index » My Morry All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: