Morris Minor ShopMorris Down Under Forum Forum Index Classic Car Trader

windscreen wiper assembly

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Morris Down Under Forum Forum Index » Electrics, Instrumentation & Security
View previous topic :: View next topic  
edhouse1
1st Gear

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 9:46 am    Post subject: windscreen wiper assembly Reply with quote

Yellow Convertible Has anyone got a breakdown drawing of the wiper assembly where it comes out through the body below the windscreen. It was 3 years ago when I stripped this and I can not find any water seals or otherwise to block rain coming into the Cab. I have the two stems coming up & the tapered cone cap below that but no seals or grommets. Have looked at all diagrams and ESM/bull motif online but find nothing
1954 Series 11 4 door sedan convertible Eye Rolls

jimmy_d
Full Licence

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dont have a pic but from memory you poke each of the splined shafts up through the appropriate hole in front of the windscreen,then fit a flat rubber/plastic type washer,then slide over the bevelled spacer,then the nut and lock it all down and fit the wiper arm.Probably a good idea to put a dob of silastic or similiar to the underside of the washer as you fit it.

jimmy_d
Full Licence

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://britautoparts.com//wp-content/uploads/2011/03/Morris-Windshield-Wipers.jpg

grant69

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I made some from an old car tube as my ute never had any, and in the wet season I had a continuous drip on foot, and instead of silicone I used DC4 which doesn't set hard, its used alot in aviation check the pdf links at bottom of page http://www.dowcorning.com/applications/search/products/Details.aspx?prod=01903128&type=PROD&country=AUS

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Morris Down Under Forum Forum Index » Electrics, Instrumentation & Security All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: