Morris Minor ShopMorris Down Under Forum Forum Index Classic Car Trader
Log in Register FAQ Memberlist Search Morris Down Under Forum Forum Index

Custom wiring harness

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Morris Down Under Forum Forum Index » Electrics, Instrumentation & Security
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
John
Free Wheeling


Joined: 10 Jul 2004
Posts: 126
Location: Mount Warrigal

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2021 2:49 pm    Post subject: Custom wiring harness Reply with quote

Can anyone tell me where I can get a complete wiring harness/loom (don't know the difference) for an LCV with datsun 1200 and a few other changes to the standard MM? Must be idiot proof.


Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
frosty
moderator


Joined: 23 Dec 2003
Posts: 3706
Location: 4559 near a big pineapple, Qld

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2021 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

there used to be mob called Vintage harness I think, down in Victoria somewhere



_________________
BE Australian, ...BUY Australian (or Kiwi)


~I see that Covid19 has affected both men and women.
... Nothing about the other 70 genders though

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
frosty
moderator


Joined: 23 Dec 2003
Posts: 3706
Location: 4559 near a big pineapple, Qld

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2021 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

frosty wrote:
there used to be mob called Vintage harness I think, down in Victoria somewhere


EDIT ~ https://www.vinwire.com.au/



_________________
BE Australian, ...BUY Australian (or Kiwi)


~I see that Covid19 has affected both men and women.
... Nothing about the other 70 genders though

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
John
Free Wheeling


Joined: 10 Jul 2004
Posts: 126
Location: Mount Warrigal

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2021 5:43 pm    Post subject: Wiring harness Reply with quote

frosty wrote:
frosty wrote:
there used to be mob called Vintage harness I think, down in Victoria somewhere


EDIT ~ https://www.vinwire.com.au/


Emailed them and they can only offer a standard harness for me to adapt myself. If I did that I would probably short the entire vehicle and start a fire.


Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
John Ballard
valued contributor


Joined: 11 Feb 2004
Posts: 2602
Location: Dubbo NSW

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2021 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are others making harnesses but they are expensive, For my Ute I bought a cheap one from ESM in UK think it was for a 1958 2 door. From there I modified and added what I needed hiding where I could. Run 7 core cable to the back tailights,indicators and fuel tank sender ,front I ran cables for indicators and spotlight through chassis.
If you cannot do it yourself buy a harness from UK (cheaper) and get an auto electo fit band extend.



_________________
" I still have all my marbles, they just roll slower "
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
John
Free Wheeling


Joined: 10 Jul 2004
Posts: 126
Location: Mount Warrigal

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2021 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

John Ballard wrote:
There are others making harnesses but they are expensive, For my Ute I bought a cheap one from ESM in UK think it was for a 1958 2 door. From there I modified and added what I needed hiding where I could. Run 7 core cable to the back tailights,indicators and fuel tank sender ,front I ran cables for indicators and spotlight through chassis.
If you cannot do it yourself buy a harness from UK (cheaper) and get an auto electo fit band extend.


Thanks John


Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Morris Down Under Forum Forum Index » Electrics, Instrumentation & Security All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001- 2004 phpBB Group
Theme created by phpBBStyles.com | Themes Database