Morris Minor ShopMorris Down Under Forum Forum Index Classic Car Trader

moridat sii 54ute

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Morris Down Under Forum Forum Index » My Morry
View previous topic :: View next topic  
moridat
Free Wheeling

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2006 10:00 pm    Post subject: moridat sii 54ute Reply with quote

witha bit of luck there will be some picture's of my toil it sat under a tree for 20 years or so... here go's

Scouse

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 7:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Top work !! Very Happy Very Happy

Is the last picture the current stage of your project (apart from being on the chassis) ?

Those sedan people have it so easy when they look at the "normal" rust the LCVs get Mad .

moridat
Free Wheeling

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy Yellow Ute
hi scott this is not the current stage these were the first pic 's i've tried to put on thanks to SKIDMOND they ended up on the site i'll try to put some more on tonight! Eye Rolls Embarassed Shocked Yellow Ute Yellow Ute Yellow Ute Yellow Ute

here is the up date of moridat sii 54ute....... may be there are a fair few

Scouse

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 8:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It looks great Very Happy .

Just how much was left of the donor car when you'd finished with it ?
Very Happy Very Happy

moridat
Free Wheeling

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy Yellow Ute Embarassed Yellow Ute Yellow Ute Yellow Ute
hi scott the only panel i changed was the drivers door it has a couple of pin hole rust spot's in it and by the time i got to it i was getting lazy!
the floor and sill's were almost non existant plus a fair bit of the foot well's and " b " pillar's i think that is what you call them,i cut the b pillar's at the end of the rust and at the foot wells and droped what was left of the floor, on the ground while suspending the cab on a chain i then proceeded to make new bottom's for the b pillar's at this point i did not know you could buy new boxing plates and closing plates etc i think there are about 3or 4 pieces in all.so i procceded to roll some rhs 30mmx50mm to the correct curve for the sill rail's folded up the bottom sill plate's and welded them in, again i did not know you could buy floor section's that was when i decided to use the floor of the datsun 1200 coupe that i had wrecked....if you look closely you can see where the b pillar's are a bit different there are quite a few mod's only because i'm poor and use what i have' later on i'll take a picture of it with the front skirt on, it's a cut down holden astra courtesy of my mother inlaw she had a prang.
i'll go now my fingers are getting tired. any more question's i will try to answer them.....TO THE PERSON WHO ASKED HOW MUCH RUST IS TO MUCH in the main forum WHEN YOUR NOT PREPARED TO HAVE AGO AT IT. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Yellow Ute Yellow Ute Yellow Ute Yellow Ute

jg1982
I can steer now

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 10:57 pm    Post subject: ute Reply with quote

Good work Yellow Convertible You've given an old ute a new lease of life, many people would see that much rust and think the best fix is crushing and shredding at the local scrapyard.
I've still got to pick up my ute (freebie), haven't seen it yet, it's a 350km drive each way... It's meant to be nearly complete, with a tray load of spare gearboxes and motors, but it has sat in a paddock for 10-15 years, and has apparently been thoroughly bastardised. Supposedly most of one side of the tray has been cut out, and wheel arches have been badly flared to clear 235 or 245 width tyres.
I plan to undo most of the dodgy mods, fix the rust, paint it and maybe even fit a datsun motor. I'm guessing the original sides and tray will be too far gone tho, so it might get a tray-top conversion.
Jonno.

Scouse

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 7:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's great to see homemade repair sections, espeicially using the floor of the Datsun Very Happy Very Happy . I would never have thought of that !!
I picked the bigger transmission tunnel but I can't really pick the floor being different. I can see the differences in the B pillars, but they look good.

Quote:
TO THE PERSON WHO ASKED HOW MUCH RUST IS TO MUCH in the main forum WHEN YOUR NOT PREPARED TO HAVE AGO AT IT

Very Happy Very Happy
I went through the same process with my van. It was the first rust work I'd ever tackled & it's all a learning curve. You learn from your mistakes & get more experienced as the project progresses, sometimes re-doing early work, but it's all part of the restoration.
At the end, you can say you did it all yourself Very Happy Very Happy .

moridat
Free Wheeling

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

im still alive ute 98% finished im thinking of selling it now has A14000 32/36 webber will try to post some new photoes soon Eye Rolls Eye Rolls

Yellow Ute

wallyg
4th gear

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 12:13 pm    Post subject: Moridat Reply with quote

Hi great work it pleases me to see one that was worse than mine and end up like yours top job man shame to have to sell it though after all that you'll regret it not that many utes about , whats the next project?
cheers Wally.

moridat
Free Wheeling

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2014 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

my brain is the next project maybe im getting old but I will give any thing ago ...................never give up it us possible just have a go... Embarassed Yellow Ute Yellow Ute Yellow Ute Yellow Ute Eye Rolls Eye Rolls Eye Rolls

civo
Got the keys

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2014 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

when you look at what you started with,and what you ended with.you should be very proud of yourself,well done. but I wouldn't be able to sell it enjoy it yes ?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Morris Down Under Forum Forum Index » My Morry All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: