Morris Minor ShopMorris Down Under Forum Forum Index Classic Car Trader

My problem...what type suits me...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Morris Down Under Forum Forum Index » My Morry
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Anonymous

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2004 2:38 pm    Post subject: My problem...what type suits me... Reply with quote

G'day all,
Just found the site about a week ago now and took me by surprise the amount of things about morris minors etc..
Have always wanted to own one since my soccer coach had a couple when i was about 12.
ok hes one of my question what would be the best type to buy to fix-up/restore/modify/ who know when and where you stop a car project,
I like the ute with maybe a tray back and i think would be easier for me with little to know experiece but wanting to learn and most important try to do myself instead of mega dollars for someone else to do ( i think would be more satisfied with the finish product for a do it yourself) theres no time frame to want it on the road and i think joining a forum like this is one step closer for me and yes when i get one will join a club in melb.
Ok now the problem should i get a ute cause i want one or get a convertible cause my lovely lady said she prefers them ... but her second choice is a ute ... well she does count right lol
Ok enough from me thankyou in advance for any advise or/and help i might get.
Reg

mick and bev
valued contributor

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2004 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy Problem solved!!!
Very Happy Don't be greedy,Get one of each.
Put them in different sheds though because if you don't, they multiply Embarassed
Best wishes. It's no fun just having one Morrie Embarassed
Our first one came from Melbourne after being advertised through the club down there. It cost me more transport home than to buy. Then the fun started and I am not sorry Very Happy
Mick Yellow Sedan Yellow Van Yellow Ute

Carolyn & Boris
Got the hang of this ...

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2004 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi K-Koala welcome to the forum.

Go and sit in a ute before you decide on one. If you're over 5"10 you'll probably be uncomfortable. Unless you decide to extend the cab that is. But if you can squeeze yourself into a ute, THEY RULE!!!Very Happy Blue Ute
.....except when they break down and skid in puddles Mad

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2004 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh i dont think the missus wants to own one just prefer ok maybe if i learn the craft of car restore the convertible can be the 2nd restore/modify morrie. thanks Mick and Bev

Cool I am only 5'10" Carolyn and Boris the Morris lol
Damn now all i need is a ute to sit in anybody know of one maybe i should join a club before i own one ...can i do that????

Anonymous

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2004 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oooopppssss should remember to sign in lol

Carolyn & Boris
Got the hang of this ...

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2004 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's the link to the Victorian Club site. I'm sure they wouldn't mind if you went along on one of their events. They may even know of a few cars for sale.

http://home.vicnet.net.au/%7Emmccv/

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Morris Down Under Forum Forum Index » My Morry All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: