Morris Minor ShopMorris Down Under Forum Forum Index Classic Car Trader

Mazzy
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Morris Down Under Forum Forum Index » My Morry
View previous topic :: View next topic  
grant69

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dont have a morry engine bay, I have a custom firewall and channeled floor on a mazda chassis. I measured it at lunch it is 550mm long which is the same as the 2tgue. There are a few Mazda 1000 utes with this engine so it should fit

wallyg
4th gear

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 4:15 am    Post subject: Mazzy Reply with quote

Hi Grant I know your kinda busy with your new engine transplant and good luck with that but when you have time to reply can I ask you about the door locks again will you be running windows in the car and is there any interferance with the linkages and the window frame .

Cheers Wally (sorry to be a pain)

grant69

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 8:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The front windows are widened flat glass, electric motors (telstar/mazda) no tie in to the door locks

wallyg
4th gear

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 2:36 pm    Post subject: Mazzy Reply with quote

Cheers Grant that sounds alot like a back burner for me but thanks for the info though I'll leave you alone for a while sounds like you have enough on your plate.

grant69

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Engine in - almost. Plenty of room, tranmission tunnel needs to be 100mm longer

[/url]

grant69

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well what a productive afternoon, engine in sitting on mx5 mounts, things couldn't be going easier, thought handbrake was gonna foul the gear lever, found the mx5 one is much shorter. These photos are how it is gonna sit, the only problem is the bonnet will need a mod to fit, I could drop the engine lower but then I would need to move the AC compressor and make my own engine mounts. An extra bulge in the side of the bonnet won't look too bad. Oh I am gonna swap the brake booster and clutch master cylinder, the clutch master is half as long as the diahatsu one fitted and the brake is a dual and shorter as the diahatsu fitted is only single

wallyg
4th gear

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 9:41 pm    Post subject: Mazzy Reply with quote

Looking good man shame you have to mod the bonnet though might be worth lowering it a bit , I'm sure you'll give it plenty of thought before its all final.
Keep up the good work cheers.

grant69

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2012 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

made some mods so the engine now fits beneath the bonnet.

Need to find a new thermostat housing pointing right and a small in height radiator

Plenty of room

wallyg
4th gear

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2012 3:47 am    Post subject: Mazzy Reply with quote

Looking good man all my projects are on hold now have hip replacement date 8th August so have to stay away from anything that will cut me ,I'm getting bored to death so keep the posts comming and keep up the good work Grant if your anything like me mate if it dosen't sit right I wont leave it alone until it is .
cheers

John Ballard
valued contributor

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2012 8:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wallyg
From someone who has had four lots of Surgery in 12mths and still in recovery I can fully understand, but take it very easy afterwards as too much to early can cause more problems
Good luck with it. Eye Rolls

wallyg
4th gear

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2012 2:32 pm    Post subject: Mazzy Reply with quote

Hi John yes I know how it all goes I've had to be carefull for the past 18 months having 3 opp's so there's another 6 months of taking it easy but thanks for your kind thoughts look forward to reading all of your posts and information.
Cheers Wally.

wallyg
4th gear

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 9:16 am    Post subject: Mazzy Reply with quote

Hi grant I' ve doing a lot of thinking yesterday about things to do on the cars and writing out lists and wiring harness came up i dont know about you and also others you are about to do this thankless task but i suddenly remembered when i built my 29 ford hotrod I guy I knew did it for a living not cheap not dear so I went into ebay typed in universal wiring harness and they were endless amounts and cheap eg. 14 circuts with all the stuff and all wires are labled every 6 inches for the meager sum $160 delivered check it out guys I know I will I can still remember the drama we had with the last car and someone elses additions or short cuts dam power you cant see it you cant smell it but its there somewhere all I know is If i can wire a car with one of these kits then any can and they allow for all sorts of modern extras.

hope this helps grant thats if your not there allready

grant69

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just finished striping the loom out of my half cut MX5 yesterday. The plan is to lay it out on a big piece of ply and unwrap the loom and remove what I'm not using, add in what I need in what places. I have a heap of experience with wiring aircraft looms so it shouldn't be too much of a drama. I'm aiming at hiding as much of the wiring as possible, for a clean look. I have some ideas "stolen" from hotrodding friends with regards to a fold down dash, so ecu and relays etc can be easily accessed but remain hidden and high and dry. There may also be plc to control certain bits if my wife has her way and I have time.

grant69

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No pictures, but I have been busy, mostly buying bits to further the project, I have a new radiator, bonnet hinges (not what you'd expect) some steering bits, gearlever, side lights. I'm halfway through the 2nd engine mount fabrication, but due to club commitments and a swap meet next weekend progress is slow, in an effort to keep swmbo happy I have got together a big pile of non morry parts for the swap, freeing up valuable shed space so we can get cars out of the carport and into the shed

wallyg
4th gear

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 8:22 pm    Post subject: Mazzy Reply with quote

All sounds great Grant wish I could say I was orginised as that but this dam hip opperation has got me snookered and on the eve of the opp the hospital rang today pre warning that there is a possibility of a cancellation so you can see my delema in trying to get on with things but its good to see others are getting some where.
looking foward to reading updates on your progress.
cheers Wally

grant69

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Update : I am going to see a hotrod manufacturer tomorrow to see if he can make me a custom fiberglass roof, I saw him at the swap last weekend and got talking, and because we have 3mths of rain over summer, I thought if the car is gonna get use it will need a roof. The last club run in the ute I got a sunburnt neck and its winter, so a bit of sun protection wouldn't go astray either. Anyway I made a template to today of the top of the panels so it will give him an Idea

wallyg
4th gear

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2012 2:09 pm    Post subject: Mazzy Reply with quote

Hi Grant I'm home from hospital reading all sorts of threads new and old and after reading your update re roof the 1929 ford tourer I built a mate and I built a removeably roof called a Carsons top can be done in a lot of different finishes we chose fibre glass some choose sheet metal some go upholstery if your interested click on build a carsons top shows stet by step construction its pretty easy depends which choice of finish you prefer
cheers Wally.

grant69

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2012 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Wally, we decided to go with the guy at rodz north, for both time and money, we are gonna modify a 40 Ford roof, suprisingly the morry is wider and longer, we will also probably chop 40mm out of the windscreen to look more in keeping with the roof. The roof is surprisingly light and Jen and I will have no trouble taking it on and off. A picture of the roof can be found on the rodz north website http://www.rodznorth.com.au/products.html#

wallyg
4th gear

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2012 9:35 pm    Post subject: Mazzy Reply with quote

Hey thats cool love to see it fitted I think it will look great I had a simular theem in mind for the ute project as a roadster pickup but the minister of finance wasn't keen so that fixed that anyway look foward to seeing the finished item.
cheers

LRS
At rest

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2012 10:22 pm    Post subject: new top Reply with quote

Looks great Grant.

Can't wait to see more.

Best,
Leigh.

grant69

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hidden boot hinges 1/2 done

graham
At rest

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Getting a bit flash there Grant hidden hinges on a Minor. Very Happy

Cheers
Graham
Very Happy Very Happy Blue Sedan Very Happy Very Happy

51 MMmmm
5th gear

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/herberton/cars-vans-utes/jowett-javelins/1014156120#

In your area, could be a cool project..

grant69

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

51 MMmmm wrote:
In your area, could be a cool project..

I could get divorced too. I know where they are from, if he can't /won't restore them they ain't worth it

wallyg
4th gear

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 3:07 am    Post subject: cool project Reply with quote

Hi Grant looks like a cool roadster in amongst that fine rust mate I'd be there in a flash if they where close to me, you'll be kicking yourself one day ha ha.
cheers

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Morris Down Under Forum Forum Index » My Morry All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: