Morris Minor ShopMorris Down Under Forum Forum Index Classic Car Trader

My Two Minors

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Morris Down Under Forum Forum Index » My Morry
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Keda59
I can steer now

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2013 9:38 pm    Post subject: My Two Minors Reply with quote

Hi All
Finally, some photos of my 1951 & 1955 4 door Minors. First photo of the 55 is prior my ownership. The 1955 is currently getting a resto; it’s stripped down now having no guards, motor/gearbox or interior. Hopefully it will emerge one day with a Datsun 120Y engine/gearbox, new paint work and new interior. I purchased the 1951 as it appears in the photos. It has a 1000 motor with an original gearbox. It’s an older restoration (1993) and in a previous life was an award winner. It’s held together very well body and interior wise, however the paint on the doors has not, as they have all bubbled. But that’s what I was looking for, something that I can register and get out and enjoy whilst restoring the 1955. I’ll respray each door as I go, just to make it a little more presentable for now; ultimately it should get a full respray and maybe a colour change. Black is not its original colour. Anyway there they are.

[img][/img]

[img] [/img]

[img][/img]

[img] [/img]

[img][/img]

[img][/img]

frosty

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scott ~ Nice ! (was worth the wait Very Happy )

Was Wombat a Brisbane car ~ looks familiar.

The 51 looks the goods ~ great interior !!

Whereabouts are you up to on the rolling resto of Wombat?

PS ... what size is the shed in the background

redback
valued contributor

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Scott its a pity that they spoilt the 51 putting the gauges in it as these were not previously in it and you will find that the original colour of the car was black Regards Heather

Keda59
I can steer now

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Frosty, thanks for your comments. Very Happy

Wombat was from Western Qld and owned by a couple that were active members with a Morris Minor Car Club out that way. I originally found the car advertised in a Club newsletter from memory and upon speaking with the owner he advised it was being taken to Brisbane to sell as he hoped for a larger market down there, its there where I viewed the car. I've stripped the car down to no interior, no guards, no engine/gearbox. I'm currently working on fixing some rust in the area in front of where the front doors are hinged (hidden area) I gather its a common rust spot as road dirt/water would lodge up in there and normally you can't get to it. Other than that it's quite good rust wise, bit of deteriation of the sills at the front, just gotta work out if I can fix it or replace the whole sills, other than that quite good really, well thus far. My intention is a colour change, Datsun motor/gearbox, and a retrim of the interior. I would also like to reinstate the "Wombat" name on it.
Thanks on the 51, yes I'm extremely happy with it thus far. I'm going to respray the doors as they have bubbled, nothing flash just a tidy up for now. Would like one day to fully respray it, but I'd like to enjoy it for now, once the 55 is done the 51 may come off the road for a full tidy up.
The garage from memory is 14 x 7, I'm curious, why's that?

Cheers

Scott

Keda59
I can steer now

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh I’m with you on the gauges Heather. I cringe when I look at them, lol. It’s probably only me, but I don’t like seeing modern instrumentation, especially blue & orange illuminated “Drift” meters in an old school look vehicle, unless of course it’s a full customisation job, then they can look great. Apart from that, I baulk at cutting up panels like those due to availability. I know a chap that thinks he has one, so hopefully he has and I’ll have a good replacement. I also have a mate that’s an auto electrician, he believes he can source new old school look gauges, I may eventually try those in there instead and see what they look like, if no good, they’ll go under the dash as I do like reliable gauges, in particular oil and temp.

Cheers

Scott

Keda59
I can steer now

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heather, sorry meant to say thanks on the advice on the colour. I was told it's former colour was a beige, good to know. I did think there was a lot of black in it, meaning it must have been a comprehensive respray, usually you can find, some, traces of a former colour. You guys have done a great job in my humble opinion, I'm very very pleased with it. Was just what I was looking for. Knowing black was its original colour I'll retain that now.

Regards

Scott

frosty

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
The garage from memory is 14 x 7, I'm curious, why's that?

Scott,
I am trying to determine what size to go for my next shed.

What have you got in yours ~ how many cars and is there room to work comfortably

If you built another, would you go a different size?

Who was the kit supplied by, and were you happy with everything?

cheers
frosty

Keda59
I can steer now

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Frosty

I'll PM you

Regards

Scott

frosty

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

got it

Thanks for that

Keda59
I can steer now

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No problem Frosty

Cheers

Scott

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Morris Down Under Forum Forum Index » My Morry All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: