Morris Minor ShopMorris Down Under Forum Forum Index Classic Car Trader

Gosford swapmeet

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Morris Down Under Forum Forum Index » Club Events
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Triumph Man
valued contributor

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2005 1:08 pm    Post subject: Gosford swapmeet Reply with quote

Will be held on the 19th of june at Gosford showgrounds.
Trev
Aus

Scouse

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2005 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you going to this one Trev? (I didn't see you last weekend at Kangaroo Valley!!!!)
With a bit of luck, it'll be too far for Stracho Very Happy .

Triumph Man
valued contributor

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2005 9:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not sure what where going to, as funds finally run out, had to syphon one Morrie to keep the other one going this week, to many toys not enough capital.
Trev
Aus

Scouse

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2005 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wasn't too bad a swap for Morry bits (makes a change).
There where a couple of doors that the seller will be taking home with him. A few other bits & pieces were around (axles, lights, carbys, usual stuff).
I managed to pick up a new old stock ring gear for the sidevalve ($10 Very Happy ), a couple of Narva spotties & a sidedraught Weber manifold Very Happy Very Happy .

I didn't see any of the regulars at all Shocked .
Rusty pulled out; must have been on a promise. Just as well as I was going to take the lilac sedan if I was to give Rusty a ride, it spat a front hub bearing later that day on the way to the club run Mad .

Triumph Man
valued contributor

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2005 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sid & Tom went, I went to a club run to Peter Jacksons place. Fire museum swap this sunday & Blacktown swap next weekend, I'm after a set of 15inch sierra wheels.
I saw Rusty yesterday, showed him Russells LCV book, he said he was going to go with you, but didn't feel up to it.
Have you got Carrolla disc's , I have had 2 front left bearings go in 7 yrs, first one got noisy so I changed it, second colaspsed without warning on the way to the adalaide nationals, luck I had an old set greased up in the boot.
Going up to Roberts place know as he had a hip replacement 3 weeks ago, & he asked me to take his Van for run as it hasen't been started for ages.
Trev
Aus

Scouse

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2005 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trev aus wrote:
Sid & Tom went, I went to a club run to Peter Jacksons place. Fire museum swap this sunday & Blacktown swap next weekend, I'm after a set of 15inch sierra wheels.
I saw Rusty yesterday, showed him Russells LCV book, he said he was going to go with you, but didn't feel up to it.
Have you got Carrolla disc's , I have had 2 front left bearings go in 7 yrs, first one got noisy so I changed it, second colaspsed without warning on the way to the adalaide nationals, luck I had an old set greased up in the boot.
Going up to Roberts place know as he had a hip replacement 3 weeks ago, & he asked me to take his Van for run as it hasen't been started for ages.
Trev
Aus
Tarago discs, which use Holden bearings. The inner LH one decided to scream it's head off without warning while sitting on 110kph. Still had fresh grease all around it but the bearing cup is very pitted (looks like corrosion but nosign of water in the grease Eye Rolls ).
BTW, Helles Park is on this Sunday too

Triumph Man
valued contributor

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2005 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are Tarago discs ventilated? & what bearings do you use? 30303 & 30305's
Is that swap the hotrod one?
I machined the hubs myself for the new bearings, I used a dial indicator on the old bearing surface & rotor in a 4 jaw untill they were right, but am thinking I made them a bit tight as I didn't want them to spin, maybe thats changing the shape of the cone slightly, & choping them out.
Trev
aus

Scouse

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2005 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ventilated - yes.
Not to sure on the numbers you've quoted Trev. I've just picked up the new set & they're LM67048/10 & LM1949/10. Supposed to be the same as Commodore bearings.
The hubs are unmodified Toyota, the stub axles are standard Holden size so everything just takes standard / easy to get bits if I'm stuck in the bush somewhere.
Hopefully this is a one off.

Hotrod swap - yes.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Morris Down Under Forum Forum Index » Club Events All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: