Morris Minor ShopMorris Down Under Forum Forum Index Classic Car Trader

My Morry "Oscar"

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Morris Down Under Forum Forum Index » My Morry
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lawdeb
I've got trainer wheels

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2015 6:43 pm    Post subject: My Morry "Oscar" Reply with quote

Hiya Guys
just entered the world of Morris. We have purchased a 1955 (we think) Morris Minor (how do you find out the build date?). Day one of serious work today. pulled out the seats and LH side front guard and doors. We think we have an excellent canvas to start with. Not too much rust for an old boy in original condition . Standard guard and door rust and so far only one hole in the LH chassis rail and front pillar, rest of the underside looks and sounds solid. Lucky for me I did my trade as a panel beater in a country workshop in NZ where we made a lot of our own panels , so it looks easy so far!! We want to keep it original and do a good job so we have ordered new lh floor panels and chassis rail and I will make patch panels for the pillar. Will probably build myself a rotisserie so I can work on the underneath bits with ease instead of filling my eyes full of dust and rust!! This is day One's effort.

http://s1045.photobucket.com/user/lawrywilliams/library/Oscar%20the%20Morris%20Minor?sort=3&page=1

frosty

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2015 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome !

Oscar will definitely be a speedster with that gear knob Very Happy

If you post up a pic of the ID plate, we will have a go at dating Oscar's build date.

lawdeb
I've got trainer wheels

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2015 9:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hiya Frosty and thanks for the help. Not too sure if the knob will help, I think its only an 803 so I think it will be unlucky for me in the speed department!!! So far I can work out this
Oscar ID Numbers
ID Plate RH Firewall
FAA 21338592
On an aluminium tag attached to the plate EX24278
On the rh top block APHM 186400
LH TOP Firewall on 10mm tag
BMF68319 2.168319
This on another tag in same place R68793
Engine block under manifold
MOWOG (by engine mount)
2A221 and underneath it
AFS (at rear of block)
From this I know it’s a Morris 4 door Black RH drive syn paint. On both the regulator and the wiper (which smokes when I turn it on Mad) I have 4 55 (with other part numbers)which I assume is April 1955 as the build date? I think it is an import as the plate is from Morris Minor LTD Cowley, Oxford, England

Monk

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2015 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks pretty good! Didn't see these pics before posting on your other thread. Even the carpet looks sort of respectable and the vinyl showing appropriate cracks for a 60 year old!!

D

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Morris Down Under Forum Forum Index » My Morry All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: