Morris Minor ShopMorris Down Under Forum Forum Index Classic Car Trader

Loom difference for 950 versus 803?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Morris Down Under Forum Forum Index » Electrics, Instrumentation & Security
View previous topic :: View next topic  
WJC56
learning to change gears

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2019 8:32 am    Post subject: Loom difference for 950 versus 803? Reply with quote

Hello. My '54 pickup had its engine upgraded to a 950 at some stage. As part of my restoration, I need to replace the entire wiring loom and when going to order it, I am told I need a custom loom made up as the engine upgrade has changed things. Can someone educate me on why there would be a difference please as I am thinking I will just order the original standard '54 pickup with 803cc engine as I just can't see why there is a difference. THanks Bill.

John Ballard
valued contributor

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2019 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi
just bought a loom for my own restoration Morris 1000 ute. I went through the list of what was available and as I am on limited funds bought a loom I can adjust Number. WRC 101 This suits 1956 to 70 Van, Pick up and Traveller. at accost of 146 pounds UK about $260 ESM UK
I added cables spot lights and indicators by running 2 wires though chassis rails out under carpet to dash. Also added my own indicator wiring (not
hHard)
Incidentally looms from UK and hundreds under the Aust . prices even with freight.
You can check wiring diagrams for differences. Any help just PM me.

WJC56
learning to change gears

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2019 3:21 pm    Post subject: Looms Reply with quote

Hello John,
Thanks so much for this method of getting my cabling done.
Regards, Bill

WJC56
learning to change gears

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2019 9:07 am    Post subject: Thanks for the suggestion Reply with quote

Hello John. Great suggestion. While ESM do not have a loom for a split screen Sii '54 pickup, they have one for a '54 sedan. This is closest to mine as I have the instruments over the steering wheel like the sedan. Any extra cabling for the back end that I don't have or need to connect, I will leave coiled up somewhere inconspicuous (can't imagine there will be much). Thanks again, Bill.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Morris Down Under Forum Forum Index » Electrics, Instrumentation & Security All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: